Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cortactin- my favourite protein

To my friend Cortactin..


Poem - 1

Oh Dear Cortactin!! 
I shall throw you in the bin..
If you won't show any response to Prolactin
On my next autoradiography film

I thought you were my friend..
Someone on whom I could depend..
With you for my last project I could fend...
Please don't ditch me in the end..

Dear Cortactin...I hope you could find..
Your novel partner from my lab to bind..
Please be loving and kind...
Someday I need to get out of this grind..

Do you like Jak2 more or are you biased towards PAK1,
Don't say that you like none...
Are you trying to be wicked and poke fun...
At Science, me and the cytoskeleton??

Oh Cortactin...one day I shall make you my bitch...
One day I shall fix the glitch...
My Co-ips and kinase assays will overcome the hitch...
For once and forever I shall please the WITCH !!!! :))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poem 2

Dear Cortactin, the powerful and mighty..
I need to get out of the lab quickly...
Show your prowess and invade..
The ECM(extracellular matrix) is gelatinous and tasty...

I want you to reside in invadopodia..
Not all over the cell..
Coz when you reside in the cytosol and ruffles..
Its hard for me to stain and tell...

Why do you do this to me..
When I give you whatever cancer cell you want..
I don't want to come home like a loser..
I don't want to hear her single taunt..

C'mon now..kick ass dear...
Y527F Src will help you...have no fear..
Call upon MMPS, Arp2/3, Wasp and Dynamin..
Polymerize the actin and eat up the gelatin..
Or else I shall kick you in the rear!






No comments:

Post a Comment