Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Momentary Wishful thinking!



I wish I could go to heaven!
Where there wud be no JAK2, SH2B and PAK1
Nobody wud be working towards a publication..
Everything would be available without an RO1!!!

I would sleep on my fluffy cloudy bed..
And not the alarm clock...but the sun rays wud wake me up instead...
And there would be more peace than data in my head...
Breakfast wud be more than just cereal and bread..

I wud not be dreaming of Indian food...
There will be a thousand cuisines to suit my mood..
Smiling angels....joy around..
No pipettes, gloves and -80 sounds...

For the first time I wud be 'over' my boss's head..
Not having to enter it..to analyse wat he/she said..
No films to show...no westerns to run...
Oh my life..oops...'afterlife' wud be so much fun!!

I wud be flying where I wud want...
Everyday wud be a weekend...no assignments to haunt..
Not looking thru the microscope or 'being under it'
Everything wud be magical...nothing hypothetical,requiring data to support it..

But I wud miss my cells after all..
Splitting them..feeding them thru Spring, Summer and Fall..
I wud miss my lab mates...wud miss my students..
This was just a passing thought...life wud be boring in heaven...:P...

1 comment:

  1. DJ Lu!!! You have just represent the hidden dream of every single Bio Grad Student yaar! Awesome! :P

    ReplyDelete